Well, it’s only fair that if Dubai gets a chance at these sorts of lists, then Abu Dhabi does as well! And, as all of these delicious dishes were consumed during 2017, I’ve decided to try and make this an annual thing. In no particular order…
- Wild mushrooms from Bord Eau. Quite the surprise, and while the chicken dish was almost as amazing, my guest and I were stunned by this fantastic vegetarian dish. I would have no hesitation to order it again on my next visit.
- Crab cake from JW Steakhouse. I had a difficult time deciding which of the tasting menu was my ultimate favorite, but between the steak and the crab cake, I found the crab cake more creative and unique. Bravo to Chef Stephan!
- Steak from Toro Toro. Pre-sliced and perfectly cooked, what more could you want? This dish was off of the sharing menu, which I highly recommend. Sorry, I’m not sure what specific cut this is, but I think any selection from the menu would be a good choice.
- Beautiful to look at, and wonderful to eat, these scallops from Catch are just one of Chef Roudy’s specialties. His plating is always on point, and the taste delivers. If you’ve not been, it’s one of my favorite restaurants in the city, and my top pick for seafood in Abu Dhabi.
- Lastly, the Fatteh Shrimps from Hooked might involve a boat ride to get to, but I think they are worth the trip. There’s a nice blend of Mediterranean and Arabic flavors here and the setting is simply beautiful.
What are your favorite foods in the capital? Anything I should try on my next trip?