This week turned out much different than I originally thought it would! I sincerely enjoyed my stay at the Viceroy Palm Jumeirah and am more than ready for a relaxed weekend.
- This melted my face — when food reviews go for the jugular. (Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and there have been some venues I haven’t enjoyed, but never this eloquently).
- An underwater winery? Color me intrigued.
- Go to Everest Base Camp for breakfast.
- As much as I love the World’s 50 Best Restaurants, I do think the representation on the list is a bit lacking (and don’t get me started on arbitrarily giving out a title like ‘Best Female Chef.’) GQ explores some of these issues. I’d love to see those behind the list take some of these issues seriously.
- This article speaks to me on a number of levels. I recently stayed at a hotel in Abu Dhabi where I had to rip the plug out of the socket to get the lights off.
- And on a more upbeat note, here’s what our food might look like in a climate change.
Why is my president actually the worst?
I’m trying out 3 Fils this afternoon, then being something of a hermit this weekend while I try to finish the rough draft of a manuscript (so close!). With Arabian Travel Market next week and a departure for the Maldives, I think it’s best if I take it easy until then. Hope you have a great one!