Happy (almost) birthday to me! Tomorrow is my 30 (somethingth) birthday. I’m writing from Cape Town, South Africa, one of my favorite cities in the world.
- A vending machine that serves homemade full-size pecan pies. Yes, please.
- Are you going to Rene Redzepi’s pop up in Tulum? (I wish I was!)
- Inside the French Laundry’s new (10 million dollar) renovation.
- A brief history of sushi in the US.
- Women winemakers. Say no more.
- Kawaii Monster Cafe in Tokyo. I want to go there.
Tonight we’re off to Test Kitchen (#22 in the world for 2016 — the 2017 list will be announced in the next few weeks), then over to Franschhoek to enjoy some of the vineyards before dinner at The Tasting Room, Le Quartier Francais. After that, we’re back to Cape Town to hang with friends (and eat at some more fantastic places). I’ve been looking forward to seeing this group for awhile and this trip has been on our books since the fall — I’m glad it’s finally arrived.
What are you up to this weekend?