Back from a relaxed trip to Zanzibar, and straight into things this week. I went to the absolutely fantastic Phoenix Social Club (review soon), as well as Martabaan in Abu Dhabi for their launch. Also, despite my pessimistic thinking, I was accepted to the Google Local Guides Summit later this year — I’m so excited to return!
- The patriarchy getting involved with first date food.
- Relevant to my interests: how rose is made.
- In which I get a shout out on Dubai Eye (but it’s not my episode – thanks, Samer!).
- Fork calligraphy (you heard what I said).
- Fixing restaurants from the inside.
- We finished the first season of CSR of One. I hope you’ll listen and subscribe!
- Help Women Rise.
- Will I see you at the first Eat DXB Talks on Monday night? Looks like a great line up!
This weekend we’re going to the Maroon 5 concert and maybe a late brunch before hopefully getting back on the wagon. It’s been a heavy couple of weeks, and I think my body needs a break. I’m flying out to Boston next week for a very busy couple of days and a lot of eating, so it’s going to be trying to keep my head down and make it to spin class once or twice, and desperately trying to finish a rough draft of a novella.