I find once again in a weird waiting spot. Some things didn’t work out this week — not that I expected them to, and some other things of interest came up (let’s wait and see). The Google Local Guides are announced this week, and I just feel like I won’t be accepted (at least in the first round — potentially later in the year). I’m not down on myself, I just think people went next level in their applications, and I don’t feel like I compare to them. Anyway, inshallah I’ll be going to San Jose in November.
- Why is everyone at Trader Joe’s so happy?
- A quiet restaurant app = my happiness.
- Some surprising social media facts (hint: Instagram isn’t as popular as you think it is).
- Consider yourself a travel influencer? Do better.
- Climate change and changing eating habits.
- Google maps and reviews of specific dishes, sounds like something I’ll be involved with shortly!
- Like Airbnb? Here are their Top 10 foodie experiences.
- Foodphoto Festival 2019 – food has never looked so good!
We’re off to Zanzibar early Tuesday morning, and I’m hoping to keep the momentum going with my new book. As I am pointedly ignoring another book I should be editing, I’ve managed to tack on almost 10K words without really trying for my 2019 manuscript (I usually write a book a year).
Hope your weekend is relaxed! (Also, how is it June already?)