How are you? I’ve had a busy, but very fun week at Gaggan’s pop up (including making two wonderful and talented new friends), a Peroni event, the Mahiki night that almost wasn’t (after a Stylist Arabia event that was almost pointless), and a trip to Emirates Palace for a short class in plating/food prep.
- Is the Dubai restaurant scene at a bursting point? Most of me thinks, yes. (And I always feel bad going into any restaurant and finding it nearly empty).
- Grannie Pantries (a look into some thoroughly amazing recipes from days of yore).
- Relevant mainly to my interests around Alexandre Dumas (but also some fun food quotes).
- I love a good story and this one about Noma made me smile (thanks to reader Stemar for the link).
- Wine infused coffee? Thanks to The Caviar Spoon for spotting this one.
- Where does one find the world’s most expensive taco?
Call me a bad Dubai foodie, but I haven’t attended any of the Dubai Food Festival events this year. I have thoughts about the management of the marketing and PR behind it (none of them all that great), but don’t think I will be joining the Taste of Dubai this weekend. Instead, I’m going to the brunch at Play (with an invite by Reif himself) and then over to Cocktail Kitchen for early birthday drinks (for yours truly). I’ll be away to South Africa next week for my actual b-day, so I wanted a quick get together before leaving.
What are you up to?