Sorry gang — I missed last week! All the travel and visiting caught up with me and now I’m completely in a post-holiday funk. Hope you enjoy this week’s links.
- A trick to make me drink more wine?
Doesn’t take much.
- A very belated congrats to the new World’s 50 Best Restaurants (and especially to local Dubai entries Zuma and La Petite Maison!) as well as the new #1, Osteria Francescana. I’d love to get to any of these exciting places in the next year!
- I’m always fascinated what people eat (and love the site Wait But Why).
- The Real Reason Your Food Takes So Long.
- A Golden Girls restaurant? Yes, please!
- Kind of the same idea, but another TV-restaurant hybrid — the Max, from Saved by the Bell.
- And finally, the cutest cactus macaron you’ve ever seen!
One week (and some change) to go with Ramadan — I hope it is a blessed month for those who are participating. This weekend we’re going to the spa tomorrow and I’m off to Abu Dhabi on Saturday to say goodbye to a dear friend starting a new adventure. I’m hoping to get back to some regularly scheduled UAE reviews by the end of next week.
What are you up to?
Gif of the week!