I saw this question asked on another travel blog, and thought I would answer (especially as I’m leaving on an unexpected long haul trip tomorrow — some side notes on how I travel over here).
For starters, I’m a habitual early packer. When I was working full time, starting to pack meant that my trip was going to become a reality. I like to put together small amounts at a time, so I don’t forget anything. I am not a throw everything in at the last minute kind of gal.
So, I will most likely be packed this evening and:
- Charging everything
- Downloading podcasts
- Downloading books
- Making sure all my projects are prepped and ready on my laptop (novel saved, trailer material ready, potentially a few other projects I have every intention of working on but will not open as well)
- Ordering takeaway (can’t have dirty dishes!)
- Trying to go for a long walk
- Attempting to scrounge up all the random change and currency I have for that country
- Triple checking my alarm (but still not sleeping well anyway)
Do you have any traditions the night before you travel? What sort of traveler are you?